Thursday, June 20, 2013

Aloha Joe's First Successful Spear Fishing Trip

I actually got my first fish today while spearfishing. 

My first shot was successful.  

I shot a nine inch long convict tang. 

I was really surprised, as I rarely see tangs that size.

The legal size to take this type of fish is 5 inches.

The picture bellow is of convict tangs on ice at a Hilo Fish Market.

manini

The Hawaiian name for the Convict Tang is Manini.

It isn't exactly going to feed a village, 

but it was fun to get a fish. 

The speargun makes a really cool sound underwater when you fire it. 

This lady gave me a sad look when i came out of the water with a fish on the spear

I said , "What? I'm friggin hungry."

I just cleaned the fish and it has a nice white meat.

It is going to be delicious!

Bon Appetit!

Aloha Joe in Hawaii




No comments:

Post a Comment